Ekiga 4.0.1 [STABLE] available
This is the first update of the 4.0.0 stable release. It deals exclusively with bug fixing.
The most important change is fixing ALL known crashes and freezes, especially the long-standing freeze on quit on Windows. Add to this making H.323 with gatekeeper functional again, two registration fixes, and numerous other fixes here and there. There is also a security fix.
We encourage everyone to upgrade to this latest greatest version of ekiga.
The next release will be 4.0.2 or 4.2.0, targetted mainly at replacing obsolete technologies and fixing remaining registration and communication issues. After 4.2.0, we will switch to using v12 of ptlib/opal underlying libraries and will be able to provide the much-awaited communication encryption and IPv6 support.
What is it ?
Ekiga is a free Voice and Video over IP softphone allowing you to do free audio and video calls over the Internet.
Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as GnomeMeeting.
More information can be found at http://www.ekiga.org
Where to get it ?
Ekiga is available at:
and the required librairies can be found at:
Install executable for Windows OS:
What's changed ?
- Fix crash when quitting ekiga while receiving presence information
- Fix crash when quitting ekiga right after starting it (before STUN ending)
- Fix crash when disabling an account while icons in roster are changing
- Fix crash when receiving call a second time
- Fix crash in XML parsing in case of malicious code
- Fix increasing CPU usage afer hours of usage caused by endless OPTIONS
- Several fixes for H.323:
- fix H.323 parsing
- add the username in authentication
- fix unregistering the gatekeeper
- fix registration
- assign gk_name only if success
- do not propose adding an H.323 account if the protocol is not built-in
- Fix registration for registrars accepting the last Contact item offered
- Allow to change the REGISTER compatibility mode of an existing registration
- Fix impossibility to hangup active call after a missed call
- Fix busy or call forwarding on busy occuring when connection is released
- Fix subscribing/unsubscribing when enabling and disabling SIP accounts
- Do not show is-typing messages sent by other programs during chatting
- Stop ongoing registration when remove account
- Use meaningful names for ALSA sub-devices
- Allow to enter contact addresses without host part, and choose the host later
- Increase number of characters shown in device names
- Use a better icon for call history in addressbook
- Show the address instead of "telephoneNumber" in addressbook
- Deactivate NullAudio ptlib's device for audio input too
- Do not send OPTIONS messages once the account is disabled
- Hide the main window immediately on exit
- Handle xa status as away
- Fix debugging message when registering
- Fix race condi